Pages

Monday, October 19, 2020

Virtual Meeting - October 19

 I hope you are all staying warm and safe as we move into cooler weather. For quilters, I think this is really our season. Nothing says warm hug quite like a quilt. This week's Show and Tell is full of fall colours and Halloween.

Barb Karim has two Halloween quilts.



I'm not sure, but I think Carol McFee may have been quilting with Barb.


Carol calls this "Trick or Treat with Dad's Old Shirts". Interesting how fabrics can really change the look of a quilt.


Carol also made these two table runners.

Cathy Simpson started this quilt for her fiftieth wedding anniversary, last year, and recently finished it. It was quilted by Krista in a modern heart motif.



Dianne Watchorn finished this quilty, that has a kind of fall theme.


The quilting is teddy bears. It is just so cute!

Doreen is getting into the Halloween spirit and recently finished this witch.



Janice Pound finished a UFO she calls "Saturday Night Special"



The quilting is again by Krista. I love that backing.

Kate made this as a table runner, but since I don't really use table runners, I have turned it into a door hanger with the help of a 'chip clip". It, of course, has cats on it.


Marilyn sent some lovely autumn colours in her quilts.



Finally, Susan Noad says this is her Covid-19 quilt made from Kaffe Fasset scraps.




I must say, there is a serious amount of orange in this Show and Tell. You now have 6 weeks to get you Christmas quilts ready for our special Christmas Show and Tell.

Meanwhile, our next regular Show and Tell will be November 2. I hope you are all creating new and wonderful things, and maybe finishing those UFO's.

Kate

No comments: