Pages

Monday, May 10, 2021

Virtual Meeting - May 10, 2021

 The snow and the rain have made some dark and dreary days lately. Today, I dove into my fabric stash and pulled out the loudest, wildest fabric I had. I plan to use some of it to create something lovely and bright. My goal is to have it done by next show and tell, which will be May 31. Anybody else want to sew something bright?

We have a great collections of family quilts today. Some are new, some not so new, but all are lovely symbols of love.

Our first quilt is the "All God's Critters" quilt, which Doreen made for her grandson. It is being shown by her granddaughter!



Doreen made this wall hanging, called "The Dress" for one of her granddaughters.


Janice Pound says that this quilt was made by her mother-in-law, Una Pound, in 1967. The pattern is Centennial rose and it was featured in Chatelaine Magazine. Janice tells us that the quilt is entirely hand done. The  crewel cushion and the cross stitched pansies in the picture were also done by Una.




This yellow quilt was made by Janice's grandmother. for Janice's wedding in 1966. Her grandmother's goal was to make a wedding quilt for each of her grandchildren, but unfortunately her health declined before she could do that.


Jeannie Barkin made this quilt for her granddaughter. She tells us her granddaughter's bedroom walls are that same hot pink.


Jeannie made this Tetris quilt for her son. That looks like a lot of piecing.

 


I went to the retreat at NavCan just before my grandson was born. My goal was to make a baby quilt, that weekend.



It was all done except the hand sewing of the binding by the time I left Cornwall.

This quilt was on my UFO pile until my daughter-in -law told me that "everybody" had a quilt, except her.  I pulled it out, fixed the part that was bothering me, sent it off to Krista to be quilted, and now she has the biggest quilt in the family.


Liz, our hard working president, pieced this Sleepy Fox wall hanging at the CQA conference in 2018. she recently quilted it, using Melissa Marginet's Edge to Edge technique. This is the Sunrise motif.


 Liz made the 3D tumbling blocks quilt for her best friend's daughter, who had her second little girl on April 28. Again, she used Melissa Marginet's Edge to Edge technique to quilt it.



MaryAnn made this maple leaf quilt for her family.


Nicole made this quilt for her grandson, born 3 weeks ago. She hopes that by summer, she will be able to cuddle him. I think we all hope that, too.


Pat Nyenhuis made this quilt, in Canadiana fabrics and neutrals, for her great niece, who was Head Page in the Senate. Her great niece is holding it, in the Senate Chamber.



Well, nothing says "I love you" quite like a quilt, does it? 

Our next Show and Tell is May 31. 

Kate

No comments: