Pages

Monday, October 18, 2021

Virtual Meeting - Oct. 18, 2021

 As many of you may have guessed, I actually make up the Show and Tell on Sunday evening. In case you were wondering, it takes about an hour to prepare the pictures and post them and I don't mind doing it. However, I don't actually get up at 6AM to do the post. 

I did want to remind you that you can send me your pictures, any time. I just drop them in a folder as they arrive, and save them for the next show and tell. So, before you mail off that baby quilt, or Christmas gift, take a picture and send it to me, right away. Just make sure you put your name in the email, and the story that goes with the item. Please don't wait until I send out a reminder. The reminders get lost, sometimes.

Fall has definitely arrived to Show and Tell. Have a look at these fall creations.

Cathy Simpson made this wall hanging for her daughter in Calgary. Her daughter got the kit  from the Sugar Pine Quilt company in Canmore, Alberta.


Jan Pound apparently has been collecting orange fabric without knowing it, until she decided to make this wall hanging. The pattern is from Sew Kind of wonderful and uses their mini curve ruler.


Judith Pach has been busy. She has two finishes. The first is a pattern by Kim Diehl.


The second is a Halloween quilt called Pumpkin Pie.


On the back you can see the pumpkins and vines she quilted into the piece.


Orange, of course, isn't usually in my projects, and today is no exception. I made small crossbody wallet for when I go out, walking. It holds mask, keys, phone and a few other small things. The pattern is called Money Bag, by Ujamma Bagettes.



I also made a padded envelope for my Chromebook, in the hope that someday, I will again be able to go to things outside my house.


This is my own "design", using goodies I found in my stash.


I'm ready for quilt retreat!

That is all for today. Our next Show and Tell is November 1. 


2 comments:

Susan Schmidt said...

Thanks for the photos !!

Anne said...

Great work with the photos Kate, your efforts on behalf of Poole Creek are much appreciated! Love the Halloween quilts, they are beautiful, so nice to see.