Pages

Monday, September 14, 2020

Virtual Meeting - September 14

 It is starting to feel like fall. Before it gets too much cooler, I hope you will find an opportunity to get together for a socially distanced meet up with some of your quilting friends. If you don't have a backyard that will work, why not try a nearby park. If everyone brings a chair and their own coffee, you can safely enjoy the company of some other creative makers. 

I was invited to such a gathering, and I am going to start with the show and tell from that.

Joy was the hostess, and we got to see one of her quilts hanging outside.


It was kind of fun to see that Doreen had brought the same wall hanging for show and tell.


Interesting how different they look when two fabric sets are chosen.

Doreen also brought her fishing quilt.


Pat Murray is working on a Half Log Cabin quilt and brought one of the blocks.


Now on to this week's submissions.

Anita seems to have an endless supply of scraps and has started some Christmas sewing.




She also made a bed runner from scraps from a quilt she made for her husband.



Carole Kennedy made a quilt for her granddaughter's 7th birthday.


I love the pieced back.


and the embroidered label.


Joy calls this a "laundry room quilt".


I, of course, made a quick shopping tote, one rainy day this week. I've already used the fabric in two other bags. I bought the fabric at IKEA a few years ago,


That is all for this week. 

Our next show and tell will be September 28, and the following one will be October 5. I think maybe the Oct. 5 collection should be themed. Anita suggested she would like to see your favourite finish. I think that would be a great idea.

Kate

No comments: