Pages

Monday, July 12, 2021

Virtual Meeting - July 12, 2021

I guess everyone has been doing summery things, because our Show and Tell is smaller than normal, but it is great!


Anita made a baby quilt for her granddaughter, due next month. 


When it was finished, she decided that she didn't like the way the big polka dots competed with the bright solids, so she made a second baby quilt.


I think the baby and her parents will love both of the quilts!

Diane Hart is working through her UFO's and finished this wall hanging.


Helen Anderson has been making clothes for disabled "American Girl" dolls to give to the Shriner's Hospital.



Joy's nephew was very specific about what he wanted for a baby quilt for the coming baby: Baby animals, a wolf cub, and predominantly pink.


 I think Aunt Joy checked all the boxes with this hand appliqued crib quilt.

Kate (that's me) made this shawl last summer, but it took months to weave all the ends in. It is finished now. The pattern is called Floatini. The yarns are merino and silk, and mohair.


Pat Nyenhuis made an I Spy or Vocabulary quilt from some scraps she got from Marilyn Lauer. 


The quilt will be heading to the Far North shortly.

It was a small number of pictures today, but all of them are wonderful.

Our next Show and Tell will be July 26. Take lots of pictures!

Kate

1 comment:

Susan Schmidt said...

I have some sort of mental block when it comes to moving photos around...I have no luck...so here is what I have been doing.....15" churn dash blocks out of my scraps. On Youtube I subscribed to "The Last Homely House". Kate is an older woman who lives in northern England and I think she used to teach quilting (haven't gotten all the way back in her videos yet) Her video where she was sorting her scraps inspired me, and I realized I had saved piles of scraps that were too small for my FQ bags. So I began making the churn dash blocks. I think I'm on my 4th one? (4 across by 5 down).